SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS 2017-18
Applications are now closed (deadline: Wednesday 1st March 2017, 18:00 GMT)
Scholarship applications are accepted once a year and the Trust follows a rigorous and strict application and audition process. For the academic year 2017-18 we aim to award amounts ranging from £2,500 to £6,000 per scholar depending on individual circumstances. Scholarships can cover fees, instrument hire/purchase, master-classes, competitions, recordings, concerts and other related activities.
• Instrumentalists and singers enrolled as students for the academic year 2017-18 at a London music institution at undergraduate, postgraduate or research level (musical theatre and jazz students are not eligible). You cannot apply to the Trust unless you can prove you will be enrolled as a student in London for the academic year 2017-18.
• Applicants must be 18 or over and live in the UK at the time of their study (home, EU and international students can apply).
• Applicants must be of an outstanding standard and be able to clearly demonstrate that they are in need of funding.
Auditions, London (UK):
• Dates: 12th, 13th and 14th May 2017 for instrumentalists; 21st May 2017 for singers. Venue: National Opera Studio (The Clore Building, 2 Chapel Yard, London SW18 4HZ). Please note that additional audition dates may be added and that the Trust may change the above advertised dates if necessary.
• The shortlist of auditionees will be announced in the second half of April 2017, perhaps earlier.
• All auditionees will have access to a practice room prior to their audition (for approximately 20mins).
• A Piano accompanist can be provided if needed (free of charge).
• The invited auditionees will be required to perform a programme of at least two contrasting pieces lasting approximately 10 minutes (±1min) in total. An interview of approximately 10 minutes will follow.
• The auditions panel will be chaired by Vicky Yannoula, the Trust’s Head of Scholarships & Artistic Planning.
• DCT application form (typed, in Word or PDF only; sent via email only).
• Full CV/biography (typed, in Word or PDF only; sent via email only)
• Audio or video recording/s (as an attachment in the application email or online link) of approximately 4 minutes (±1min). Longer recordings can be submitted but candidates must specify the section to be heard. More information in question 11 of the application form.
• One professional reference (typed, in Word or PDF or included in email body, sent via email or post). References are confidential and can only be accepted if sent directly to the Trust by the referee; references sent by the applicants will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
Application submission deadline (for all material stated in the section above):
• The deadline for 2017-18 Scholarships was Wednesday 1st March 2017, 18:00 GMT. Please note that this deadline is strict and that incomplete and/or late applications and/or late references will not be considered (material received at 18:01 and onwards) and the application will be rejected. The Trust will allow no exceptions to this rule under any circumstances.
For any related enquiries contact:
Vicky Yannoula, Head of Scholarships & Artistic Planning
Drake Calleja Trust, Unitec House, 2 Albert Place, London N3 1QB, UK
+44 (0) 20 8371 6085