We awarded our first scholarships in the autumn of 2015. For the academic year 2015-16, our scholarships range from £2,500 to £6,000 per scholar depending on individual circumstances. Our scholarships cover fees, instrument hire/purchase, master-classes, competitions, recordings, concerts and other related activities. Details about the 2015 application process can be found below.
- Instrumentalists and singers (individuals, not ensembles) studying at a London music conservatoire/college/department at undergraduate, postgraduate or research level (musical theatre and jazz students are not eligible).
- They must be 18 or over and live in the UK at the time of their study (both EU and international students can apply).
- They must be of an outstanding standard.
- Applications have now closed.
Auditions, London (UK):
- Dates: 30-31 October and 21-22 November 2015 (Venues: Peregrine’s Pianos and National Opera Studio).
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. The audition results will be announced on Tuesday 24th November.
- A Piano accompanist can be provided if needed (free of charge).
- Auditionees will be required to perform a programme of at least two contrasting pieces lasting approximately 10 minutes (±1min). An interview of approximately 10 minutes will follow.
- The auditions panel will be chaired by Vicky Yannoula, the Trust’s Programme Manager.
- DCT application – download here.
- Full CV/biography.
- Audio/video recording (as an attachment or online link) of approximately 4 minutes (±1min). Longer recordings can be submitted but candidates must specify the section to be heard.
- One professional reference. Referees should send their reference directly to the DCT.
Application packs must be sent electronically to Vicky Yannoula, Programme Manager, by the set deadline. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. References can be sent electronically or via post.
Vicky Yannoula, Programme Manager
Drake Calleja Trust
Unitec House, 2 Albert Place, London N3 1QB, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 8371 6085
Please email Vicky Yannoula for any related enquiries.